Monday, March 26, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Frosting

So today I decided to try something new! Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate buttercream frosting.

So I started with the dry ingredients...
Sugar, flour, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa, salt
And I put it all in a bowl and mixed the dry ingredients together.


I then added the wet ingredients...
Eggs, whole milk, vegetable oil, 1c of boiling water

The cups were all set to be filled... oh the anticipation!

The batter was mixed!

And poured...

And all set to go in the oven!


For the frosting:
I melted some semisweet chocolate morsels over a double boiler and whipped it with some unsalted butter to make the frosting and...

Viola! Ready to eat!

I wasn't super happy how it turned out. I got impatient and didn't add my wet ingredients at room temperature. :/ (I know... not good). But It was still chocolatey and yummy.

What new recipes have you tried lately? Anything I should try?

Blog Signature 2

2 comments:

  1. I have tried a number of cupcake recipes I have liked- If you're looking for a great chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream recipe, try the barefoot contessa's recipe- http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tiered-chocolate-buttercream-cake-recipe/index.html (I usually don't add the rum to the frosting but the coffee is indispensable). It's a labor of love but it's worth it and I am sure easy to make into cupcakes. Another recipe I love is Bobby Flay's Throwdown toasted Coconut Cake recipe- http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/throwdowns-toasted-coconut-cake-with-coconut-filling-and-coconut-buttercream-recipe/index.html Another labor of love but it blows people away everytime I make it. I usually lighten it up by replacing the coconut buttercream frosting with coconut whipped cream which I have made by putting a can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 4 hours and then removing the cream part at the top and not the water part and whipping that and combining it with a little bit of whipped cream. Sorry if I overwhelmed you but I really love to share this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for these Silvett! They all sound Yummy! I'm seriously gonna put them on my "things to bake" list. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Share your comment below!

Followers