Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Karis!

On May 10th, 2009 9:26am Karis Rose came into this world and changed our world forever.  What a blessing she has been this past year.  And I can't believe how quickly this year has past.  It's all going so fast.  I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and enjoy the here and now.  Take some time soak in the little moments with her and Rick and really reflect on where we have been and where we are now.  It has been a helluva ride! Crazy busy, crazy exaustion, but crazy amazing!

On Saturday we Celebrated Karis' first year at my mothers house.  It was soo much fun.  I had a blast planning it and.... yes..... of course I got carried away with the planning.  But Karis will only turn one once!  I wanted to have fun with it!

As I began the planning process (many months in advance) I was at a loss.  I search online, high and low for the best "theme" for her party.... butterflies? No.  Cupcakes? Maybe. Abby Caddaby?  Nah! (For those who don't know Abby Caddaby is a fairy monster character on Sesame street that Karis loves to watch and dance to).  I started following all of these blogging mommy's who have custom-made-from-scratch parties that looked absolutely fabulous!  I said.... I totally can do that!   So I broke out Photoshop and Illustrator and began designing a concept.  LOL!  Next thing I know I was a month away from her birthday!  Life had gotten so busy for me that I never got around to designing my "custom-made-from-scratch" birthday party theme.

So with the help of Veronica, I found this birthday theme that I thought was so simple, so pretty and so cute and I said that's it!  I'll run with that!   I still wanted to have a custom made feel to the party so I decided to put some extra things together myself.  So, I looked at the napkins, the plates and the cups and I began designing cupcake toppers!


I also had fun putting together the favors for the kids.


For her cake, I went to a local bakery in Floral Park and gave them one of the plates and asked them to make me a cake!  Here is the end result:
I purchased the candle as well as all of the plates, napkins etc. online!

There are so many photos of her birthday party thanks to Drew Hyun and my brother Jeff!  Thank you both soooooo much for taking pics.  You both did a wonderful job!

If you'd like to see all of the photos from the party you can go HERE.  Enjoy!
Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Share your comment below!

Followers