What's goin' on?
I'm the type of person that likes to plan ahead, prepare with time and not do things last minute. Interestingly enough, God seems to be teaching me a lesson in being a parent... YOU CAN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING! If it were up to me, this is what I'd have done by now:
- New Office: renovated and painted
- Office furniture cleared out of what will be the nursery
- Nursery: Walls fully painted
- Nursery: Windows repaired
- Nursery: Carpet professionally cleaned
- Nursery: Partially Furnished with nursery furniture (maybe just a crib or a changing table)
- New office space has just received it's first coat of primer.
I think since the moment we knew we were having a baby God has been really stretching me and teaching me to let go a little bit more and just to enjoy where I am now. Not to be so anxious about what I need to do down the road and how I can make sure it goes "my way". It's a hard lesson for me to learn.
With children comes new joys, concerns, worries and just incredible experiences. I should expect to really experience a change in my daily life. Some unpredictability and some surprises... good surprises! So this has been a crash course in "Chill Out 101: You Can't Control Everything".
For those of you who have been wondering what I look like at the end of my 6th month, here are some pics I took of myself in the dressing room in the mall a few weeks ago. I was shocked at how big my belly had gotten so whipped out the iphone and took some infamous cell phone pics through the mirror.... LOL!